9/25/2009

Negotiations with the Landlord - Part Two

All I have been thinking about over the last couple of days is this lease negotiation business....I called my mom this morning to work out the first e-mail that I was going to send to her today... I wanted to make sure it had the correct tone.  Here are the e-mails that I exchanged with Landlord this morning:

Good Morning,
I am hoping that you might have had time to review the e-mail correspondence sent a couple of days ago and that you have a response.  It would be in both of our best interests to settle into a new lease agreement.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns that would help expedite this process.  I would be more then happy to provide you with a copy of my tenants insurance if that would ease any latent concerns you have over the fish tanks.
If you haven't had the opportunity to review the e-mail  I sent a couple of days ago, would you kindly let us know when you might have a response?
Thank you, and have a wonderful weekend.
Jessie

So she says... a few seconds later:

I am sorry Jessie but I need more time to review this.  I am leaving the country early tomorrow and will not be able to address your concerns until my return the week of October 12th
 So I say....


Hi landlord's name,
Thank you for this e-mail.  I don't think you have a cheque for October 1st, 2009.  What is the best way to arrange this before you leave.
Thank you,
Jessie
so she says:

We can make those arrangements when I get back.
Thanks Jessie. 

and I'm thinking, I suppose she never has been one to say a lot of words...... and I reply:
Thank you for that, I look forward to chatting when you return.  Have a great trip! 

There you have it!  So, I guess we don't really need to worry too much for a couple of weeks yet.  My mom thinks that she is probably going to give concessions on the fish, and on rent - otherwise she would have just sent an e-mail that said the rent is going up, deal with it - or some such thing.

Landlord's husband just sent me an e-mail heh heh... and HE wants a cheque before they leave.  Interesting.  But we have no lease agreement.  I think the fair and good thing to do would be to try to meet with him after work with a cheque for the standard $1,500.  I think this, in good faith of their efforts, would be reasonable.

I'm going to wait until lunch to see if they send any other e-mails before replying to this one.

I feel pretty good about the direction of this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers