9/25/2009

Negotiations with the Landlord Continue...

I just got off of the phone with the landlord's husband, and we agreed that I would drop off a cheque for October's rent of $1,500 sometime after work today.  Apparently they live about five minutes away from where we are.  I told him this would be find and a 'good faith' gesture as we don't have a signed lease.  He agreed that we would 'pretend' that October was a month-to-month scenario until we have the opportunity to sit down and chat next month.

Jordan and I are going to go check out a 'back up' place this weekend, just in case things don't work out - but I am getting the feeling that they will.

2 comments:

  1. Few things are worse than negotiating with landlords. I have my fingers crossed for you. Remember to check out the landlord/tenant law in Alberta so you know your rights re: pets, insurance, rent increases, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things work out for you!!

    It sounds annoying that the wife says one thing about the rent cheque and the husband says another!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers