7/07/2009

My horse... My Money

I have far too much stuff going on in my head.

I’m trying to be very calm, and just figure things out (to do with my horse) at a reasonable pace; however now that I’ve made the decision to bring her home – I want to do it straight away.

I know that I don’t need to worry about saddles and other gear b/c my parents didn’t sell my gear (just theirs), so I should be able to pick that up from them within the next couple of weeks.

I’ve arranged to look at two different places. One has pasture ($90/month in the summer and $150/winter), the other is paddock – which is just smaller parcels of field, I think – ($150/month).

Both places seem to have options in terms of keep tack (saddles, bridles etct) in locked barns, but it will be interesting to see the difference. I think they are both pretty similar in distance too, but on opposite sides of the city.

I’m also thinking that I might need to buy my own horse trailer (I’m thinking anywhere from $1000-$3000), but I’ll need to talk to my parents about that, in case I’m getting ahead of myself.

But realistically – if she’s in Calgary, I’m going to need to be able to move her around, take her to different farms if necessary… bring her to different places to ride….what if there was an emergency and I had to get her to a vet….

*sigh

I’m not going to sell her, I’m just going to figure this out.

I think I will start with looking at my budget to see what I have to work with....

1 comment:

  1. Call around to equine vets and see who will come to her. Burwash in Springbank has her in his files - maybe he visits farms. Farriers do. If you can ride without trailering that would be worth something in terms of boarding fees.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers