7/03/2009

July Goals & My horse

It feels so nice to be back home, sleeping in my own bed! If only I could have taken a vacation day from my vacation - ah well.

I few other PF bloggers that I read have posted June goal re-caps and July goals. I thought perhaps I might do this, but realistically I have so much going on in July it won't happen. So instead of setting myself up for failure, my only July goals will be to continue to use my credit card less and less, and try to be calm and relaxed about my budget/plans.

You see, it was just J's mom's birthday, this weekend is his birthday, the next is his brother's, the next is mine, and the next is my mothers - phew! 5 Birthdays, one after the other! I'm going to try to be reasonable in my spending however; one of my greatest challenges is NOT spending money on other people. I find a lot of joy in making other people smile.


I'm already looking forward to our next camping trip which will be closer to home and with my parents. I get home sick pretty regular, though I'm generally pretty good (at least I think I am) at hiding it. So I'll get to hang out with them and a few other family friends from the 15th to the 19th! It'll be really nice.


hmm.. what else is going on in terms of an update.

I'm starting to look even harder for a roomate, there are some life circumstances coming up that would make having an extra $125/month very handy.

Once of these is that I may have to sell/move/give away my horse. I've had her since I was 12 years old. 13 years is a long time to be faced with losing a friend. You see, my parents no longer have horses and she was staying with relatives - but it seems they are no longer able to use her.


I'm going to do some research in Calgary about costs associated with boarding horses, but last time I did that it was about $500/month. I can't afford that right now. My only hope of keeping her will be to find someone who already has horses and a large field with a stream running through it where she can stay. If all I have to pay for is feed in the winter, it should be fair to pay $150-175/month (hense a roomate is now more important for me then it was).


So I guess I have some serious financial/committment things coming up.


I feel kind of sad, like I'm mourning her already. Here is a picture of her, not the best quality - but it'll do for now. She was trying to make friends with the shetland pony next door.



4 comments:

  1. Sometimes being a grown-up is really hard isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finding it particularly challenging lately...

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( That is too bad! Hopefully you can find a place to board your horse! You have one busy, birthday-filled, month! Good luck on keeping that CC usage down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you look on the bright side, it'll be great to have your horse nearby. Then you can visit, and stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers