1/11/2010

Comment Moderation

Hello Folks,

I apologize as I have a couple of spammers that are starting to crop up.  Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to manually delete comments if I didn't have comment moderation on to begin with.  I  have just changed my comment settings to have word verification to hopefully stop any further spamming.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

 - for those who use blogger, if you know how to delete comments - please let me know!

[Edit]

As it turns out I had to remove word verification b/c people couldn't see the box to enter in the word :(  I'm going to try comment moderation for a while, to see if that works.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jessie - when I had this problem there was a line in the email version of the comment that allowed me to simply remove the comment from my email without posting.

    I believe they are getting through from Gail's site - they targeted the gail club boards for a while and now they seem to be dinging the patrons of the comment boards on her blog.

    I hope you can nip this in the bud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go under the dashboard to your list of posts, and enter your post that way, each of the comments should have a wee trashcan beside it. click on that to delete a particular post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I missed that part about the word verification. I tried commenting earlier and though what the heck?? I can't see the word or the box to verify LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm... thanks for the tips! I still haven't found a way to delete a comment without deleting a post. It would be nice not to have to moderate/word verify - but it seems i might have to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're signed into your account and you look at the comments section, there should be a little picture of a garbage can picture next to the comment. If you click that, you should have the option to delete the comment.

    I've also been having problems with spammers on my blog. It's so annoying, and I'm also struggling with what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard from a few folks about the little garbage can, but it doesn't show up. I wonder if the template I'm using has eliminated it - it's not a blogger standard. I'll try to look into it this weekend.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers