12/10/2016

This and That

Guys, I am so, so tired.

Baby sleep is a big deal, momma not getting her sleep is a big deal.  Daddy too - but he's not writing this.  Kiddo slept in his crib for the entire night last night for the first time.  While he was sleeping that is.  The rest of the time he was crying, fussing, and being passed in the dark hallway between Jordan and myself.  It's been like this for months.  Fingers crossed he figures this stuff out soon.

In other news, I have been on four job interviews in the last few months...so far, no job offers.  It's starting to get, well, I guess I'm just disappointed in myself.  I'm either well, or over qualified, but no dice.  My severance is going to end in February, and while I'm not nervous about it, I am a bit anxious.  We have a plan, but it's going to be very hard if I'm not able to contribute to the household financially.

On the money front, our networth is actually now higher than it was when I was let go and started my maternity leave last year.  It went down steadily until we had our house re-assessed after the renovations were finished.

My grandmother passed away last month.  She had dementia for a quite a number of years, and had been in a care home where she was well loved and well looked after.  I say that to say that I knew it was coming, but my heart still hurts.  This would be my dad's mom (my dad passed away almost six years ago) - so my family understands, and are sad for me, but it feels a bit like I'm grieving on my own.  That might not be fair, and maybe other people feel the same way.  I think too that it's hard because I don't feel it every moment.  Just the quiet ones, when I'm alone, my son is napping and my husband's at work.

All of that said, I am actually looking forward to the holidays.  I've been doing something related to Christmas each day so far this month, and am keeping the momentum going.  I haven't been this excited for Christmas since my dad passed away.  I think because of Little Man's age.  It's going to be great to build and share new traditions with him.

Here he is in awe of the Christmas Tree.  This is just moments before he took three or four bulbs off while I was snapping photos.  They are all plastic this year, with the breakable ornaments on the top half of the tree.

I hope you all are enjoying this chilly winter so far, and are spending quality time with your favourite people.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers