10/02/2009

October Goals

I've seen quite a few folks posting monthly goals, so I thought I'd have a go at it too!

  • Meet Christmas 2009 Goals of saving $500
Woohoo! this is already done with my first paycheque in October!
  • Turn Sam's (old roommates) room into a spare room/office
Right now, I have a pseudo spare room in the unfinished basement. I want to take this opportunity to make it a little warmer/friendlier.  By having a desk in their as well, it might help Jordan to get away when he's studying for school.
  • Decorate the house and my workstation for Halloween
Jordan and I will be doing this on the upcoming weekend.  I'm going to bring any 'left over' decorations to work.
  • Learn how to make apple cider 
We're going to have a halloween/putluck/pumpkin carving context at work in a few weeks.  Due to that big 'ol apple tree in the back yard I'd like to learn how to make cider.  A co-worker of mine offered to make pie using the same apples, so I have to remember to bring her a bag in.
  • Start second phase of overtime/filing project at work.  
I'm going to make my goal 75 hours of OT, which should translate to roughly $1,000 of extra income.  I plan on using that money to help reduce my Canada Student Loan. I will probably have this paid out in two increments at 37.5 each.  This will hopefully help reduce the tax implications of such a large influx of funds. I hope to reach at least 37.50 hours by Christmas.

I think I'm going to keep it simple for now.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Apple Cider is EASY and delicious!

    Since you're making them from apples, you'll need to juice the apples - do you have a juicer? If not, here are some directions on getting juice without a juicer, but you will need a blender:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Juicing_without_a_Juicer/

    After that you can just put the juice (around 1 quart or gallon) + cinnamon sticks (I usually do 3-4 sticks) + 5-6 whole cloves + 20 whole peppercorns + 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar (if you like your cider sweet, I don't normally do this). But it all in a crock pot on low heat for 8-10 hours and you're good to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SS4BC - thanks!! you're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie, Grandma has an awesone Miejer juicer that she would love to see someone use.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers