6/23/2011

Starlight

Star Light Star bright,
The first star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.

Those that have followed this blog for a while, know that I have a horse, Starlight.  I've had her since I was 12 and she was 2 - I'm now 26.  I've known for the last few years that I needed to either get my but in gear and start riding more often to keep her in good health or find her a home where she would be ridden.  With getting married, buying a house and children on the 2-3 year horizon - I knew that it was fair to keep her.


Friday, June 17, 2011 marked the day that I found her a new home.

6 comments:

  1. Oh she's beautiful. I hope her new home is a happy one. The star light, star bright poem is one I remember so vividly from my childhood and often quote when i see the first star of the night. So many of my mates don't know it though. strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sue - thank you so much. Her new home is in the same valley that she grew up in and is going to a family that quite a few of my family friends know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why isn't your VISA bill on the left side for debt?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Girl - it took me a second to figure out what you were referencing. If you're talking about the tracking bars that are at the verrrry bottom of my blog - those are from before when Jordan and I dug ourselves out from debt.

    I just haven't created side bars for the current wedding/credit card debt b/c i want to wait to make sure that the balance doesn't creep any higher first.

    I'll probably wait until after our honey moon in August :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts are with you as I'm sure it's hard to say goodbye to Starlight.

    And ..... ooops, I think you meant "unfair" to keep her .... I knew what you had meant, though.

    I'm sure she'll love her new family as much as they love her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that you will miss her very much but it is in her best interest to be at the new home. Good for you for realizing that.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers