This year, Jordan and I decided to do all gifts as joint presents from the both of us - so our list got bigger (because there was one, not two) - but the overall spending went wayyyy down.
Our list included:
- My Mom & Dad
- Jordan's Mom & Dad
- Our brothers
- Our brother's others
- Two very good friends of mine (and one of them has a daughter who's three)
- Our grandparents (my grandma/grandpa and Jordan's grandmother)
- My great aunt
- Two of my cousins (Jordan participated in the cousins draw this year - so he'll receive a gift from one of my cousins too)
- Two sets of Jordan's aunts/uncles
- Something for each of our co-workers
- We through in three birthday's into this budget (my brother, my grandpa, and one of Jordan's folks).
We spent a grand total of $898.63 on Christmas gifts! That's $101.37 under budget!! Well that sounds just too good to be true (...so it probably is). A couple of things that we didn't plan for - but will in coming years -include:
- Christmas incidentals
We spent an additional $337 on decorations and incidentals and $63.82 on GST.
So, in case you don't want to do the math. Jordan and I have spent $1,340.17 on Christmas - or $670.08 each. Considering that last year I spent just over $2,000 on Christmas BY MYSELF - I would call this a success.
Our Christmas incidentals (which i just called decorations in the spreadsheet) included: ribbon, gift wrap, treat tins, wreaths, the tree, ginger bread houses, tape, tree ordainments, cookie sheets, and a few bottles of cheer from the liquor store :)
I actually think this is a success (although I fear some reader's will think it's not). Jordan and I have the money, and didn't go into debt for any of our spending this Christmas - and that's a thing worth celebrating.
I should also mention that the numbers above do not include any spending we did or will do on each other. This wasn't part of our joint Christmas budget. I won't get into details because Jordan reads this blog, but I will say that I didn't go into debt for Jordan's gifts either. That money was from my entertainment budget and Christmas fund.
- oh, and it feels sooooo good to be finished Christmas shopping already!