1/02/2020

It's January?

How did that happen?

I started out this year with good intentions..then I had a baby and now it's January.  I've still been tracking our spending, trying to keep on top of things and making progress on our financial goals.  This is a bit of a catch up post for myself.  I don't think there is anyone out there reading anymore, but I enjoy the process of writing, of documenting our journey - however sporadic.

We have managed to get ourselves into some debt this year.  With finishing our renovations, major surgery for our dog, maternity leave followed by shared parental leave and a vacation in the middle and now Christmas.  It's not ideal - but I think we'll be back on track in the next six months or so.  Though it will be a full year before the debts paid off, I wouldn't trade this year for anything.

Not only did I get to spend seven wonderful months at home with Baby Girl and Little Man, Jordan spent six months at home with them as well.  We overlapped in August for six weeks, and so the kids are getting ready to go to daycare starting next week - Jordan is still on unpaid leave for another four weeks.  This is largely to help with the transition.  We're expecting it to be a difficult one with Baby Girl and there are some projects around the house that need Jordan's attention too.

So, what's the big picture?

Our net-worth has increased by a modest 4%  - this is largely because some of our gains were offset by the debt I referenced above - you can see though since August we've been making steady increases.

Our credit scores are currently very strong.  I'm at 850 and Jordan is at 808 - It's a big improvement since I last wrote about it.

We are all healthy and happy and are looking forward to a vibrant 2020.






1 comment:

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers