7/09/2010

Bi-Weekly Budget

July 9, 2010 - Bi-Weekly Budget


Things are coming along nicely. I'm  happy that all of my 'funds' are slowly starting to increase again - though I'm not sure exactly what to do with all my baby pots of money when Jordan and I join forces.  I am thinking I'll keep everything in one pot as a 'me/backup' fund.  We'll see.

I have half a tank of gas still, so I think that $300 should be plenty for the next two weeks.

I have a $150 visa payment this week.  This includes my last cell phone bill (approx $50) and a few other odds and ends.  I currently have a balance of $462.90 - which is not so bad.  As long as I don't use it during the next two weeks, I should be able to wipe out the balance on my next pay day (crossing my fingers).

I think it would be easier for both Jordan and I if we had $0 credit card balances when we join everything.

2 comments:

  1. Do you and Jordan plan to put cash aside before you use a joint card so you are never behind, and don't have that one month where it feels like you have a lot of $$ because everything is going on a card? Or I guess you could pay the card weekly, on paydays. But it would be smart to both have 0 balances before you start using a different card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ mom - we were thinking that the first month would just be very tight. No allowances, no spending. Perhaps we might give ourselves like $50 or something - but not a lot.

    Jordan said last night that he just want's to get started. He doesn't need to wait until his CC is paid off. I'm still going to try to clear mine by the end of the month though.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers