3/05/2012

In Support of BC Teachers

I don't live in British Columbia any more, but the majority of my family does and so I follow along with the news there.  There is some pretty heavy stuff going on with the BC Government and their collective agreement negotiations (or lack there of) with the BC Teachers.

I wanted to share with you all what's been going on in the news (if you aren't already following along yourselves) but then I came across an article that said it better then I think I ever could.  I would really like to encourage you to read this - especially if your from Canada.

Teaching In BC, by Cheryl Angst

Here are some more details on what Bill 22 will do exactly:


This You Tube Video called Support BC Teachers explains what's going on from a student's perspective.

and, for some humor but still very much gets the point across (about the value of our teachers) I encourage you to watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuBmSbiVXo0&sns=fb


...and if you decide you would like to make a difference.  Please consider contacting your MLA (if your from BC), signing this petition (Kill Bill 22), or blogging, tweeting or Facebooking about this issue.

4 comments:

  1. We had this forwarded to us as well. We are definitely thinking of them today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I am a US teacher, and that bill is terrible! I can't imagine class sizes that big. I have 22 1st graders, and I can't even fathom having more, let alone 30+. There is just so much wrong with that bill. I hope it doesn't go through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not good at all. I'm not from Canada or the States but I do hope this bill is not passed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting these. I am a BC teacher, and we are just in shock right now at what the government is doing. Thanks for the support
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers