9/20/2010

Busy Weekend!

We had a great last weekend of summer!  Did you?

Friday was pretty low key, but Saturday we hosted a 'last hurrah' BBQ.  Lots of Hotdogs, Burgers & Beer!  We went from 2pm until about 2am.  I love casual nights like those.  They are inexpensive, when compared to a night out on the town - plus, it's a great way to catch up with friends.


On Sunday, my parents came into the city for a drive so we got to vist with them for a few hours.  We talked about a whole pile of things (wedding talk) and I was able to share some apple crisp I had made that morning. 


 


I love having an apple tree in my back yard!! Though, last year, my apples were ready the first week of September.  This year, they just finally were ready
this week! 

This year, the apples are bigger than they have been in previous years too - which is a nice treat!

3 comments:

  1. And the apple crisp was good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very jealous of your apple tree. Whenever we decide to buy a house, I totally want to plant a peach tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our apple tree didn't produce any apples this year. Last year we got 9 apples, so I don't know what was different this year. I was disappointed to say the least. Enjoy your apples!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers