11/05/2009

Household Bills Are In.

On the 5th of each month, I receive the final bill (of three) for the household for the previous month.  I don't know that I've posted this before, but I'm going to start so that I can keep track.
  • Enmax $235.55
  • Bell $75.98
  • Shaw $41.39
Total = $352.92

what a fantastic number!  I've written about it before, but I will mention that I'm pleased with these numbers because over the last few months I've been able to negotiate a $20 Bell bill reduction for 12 months, plus we got on the student plan for our internet/phone with Shaw (our bill this month is $26.34 then it was last month)!

When Samantha moved out, we made an arrangement whereby she would pay $20/week for utilities for each week in October.  That way, she didn't have to wait until the end of the first week in November before getting her damage deposit back.  Based on the date she moved out, I held $65 for her portion of the utilities (our agreement was that I would deduct final utilities from her damage deposit as she didn't have cheques).

So, the total $352.92 less $65.00 is $287.92.


This number is then divided by four as these utilities were from the month when Jordan/ME/Brother/Lindsay were all living together.

So, we each owe $71.98.

2 comments:

  1. Is that less than budgeted? Do you have some extra for your savings snowball?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Mom - I planned on $75 this month, so that gives me $3.02 extra. As jordan alreadyput $75 into the joint account, I'll leave my transfer set up. It will just go towards building up that household emergency fund in the joint account.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers