3/25/2014

Tax Time!

As soon as January rolls around, I started to get excited for tax season.  I picked up a copy of TurboTax from Costco for $28 on an awesome sale and we got our taxes finished and submitted during the first week of March.

This year we had deductions for the interest costs for an investment in company shares, educational credits for me going back to school not to mention the regular deductions for RRSP/Pension contributions and professional memberships.

We're received a refund of $494.64 for me and $1,400.97 for Jordan for a grand total of $1,895.61 last week.

$1,200 went straight to debt snowflakes, $500 was split between Vacation, Christmas, and Home Maintenance Planned Spending and then Jordan and I split $200 for some mad money.

What are you going to do with your tax return?


4 comments:

  1. I will pay the bill, as I will owe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuck! Did you get them done so you know how much you owe?

      Delete
  2. My tax return is going towards our backyard project. If there's any left over (doubt it!) I will put it in my EF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year I waited until the last week, and then it was like I was cramming for an exam in college again. I swore this year would not be the same. I decided to keep a small journal of expenses and costs, keep it current all year, and come April it was such a breeze I don't know what it took me so long to figure this out.

    Wanda Hanson @ Tax Tiger

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers