I've been to Alberta twice for medical appointments, took Little Man for his first camping trip, and have been continuing to get quotes and budgeting for the renovations for the new house. We've been meeting with insurance brokers, mortgage brokers, the local credit union, and on and on. Some of my husband's family came to visit for a few days and that was a blast too. Busy, busy, busy.
Here's a few financial specific updates:
- We've been watching for sales at the local hardware store, and got 15% off the fence package we're using for the dog run.
- I was pre-approved for the new Tangerine MasterCard, applied and timed my activation to coincide with our first purchase for the house. We have three months of 4% bonus cash back and I chose hardware stores, furniture stores, and grocery stores to capitalize on the reno expenses.
- We signed our mortgage docs, and are feeling good about putting 20% down
- Net worth is down about 10K because of the downpayment, it won't take long to creep back up as we start the renos
- I helped my mom start tracking her expenses. We set up a spreadsheet and she's now four months in to tracking. It's really fun helping someone else track things.
June is going to be super hectic for us as well. We're planning to have the bathroom and kitchen renovated, the dog run built as well as a lot of yard work done. I also have foot surgery near the end of the month.