Here's what we want:
- A family, we'd really like to have a baby
- Our back yard to be finished
- To pay off our Car Loan
- To invest in a property that could provide income in retirement
- A house with a backyard bigger than a yard stick
I have budgets for just about every scenario:
- Paying our Backyard in Cash this year (current plan)
- Split an annual camping spot with my mom
- Paying off our Escape in 2014
- Going on Maternity leave in 2014
- Going back to work w/ Baby in childcare and paying off the Escape in 2015
- Buying a Condo in 2014, 2015, or in 2016
You'll have to click on the image to look at them in more detail - but these annual budgets give a big picture view of some of our options. There's an assumption the our income won't change (which it will) and I didn't include planning purchases like Christmas, Gifts or upping our Emergency Fund but you can see that I included Retirement/Education Funds in each scenario and that there is cash flow remaining under each one as well.
What have you done when you wanted it all?