8/18/2015

Photography

When Jordan and I were planning our wedding, I knew I wanted a photographer. I didn't want to go bankrupt over one, but I wanted someone who's job it was to catch all the moments I wouldn't see that day.

I had some people tell me I wasn't spending enough, and others tell me that their favorite photos were taken by friends and family - and it was a waste to pay someone.

I have to tell you, it was the best thing that Jordan and I spent money on that day.  The very best.  Not long after we were married, we found out that my dad had lung cancer.  A few short months after that, he passed away.

We have amazing photo's from that day, of my entire family, of my husband and I, of our grandparents, and of my dad.  A guy who hated having his picture taken.  My family still cherishes those photos, photos we never would have had otherwise.


I'm thinking about this today, because on the tail of yesterday's post about priorities, I found myself emailing that same photographer asking her about baby portraits for our budding little family.  I was looking at the cost - weighing it it my mind.  This isn't a safety or frustration issue here - this hits straight at my third budgeting for baby priority.

So here's the thing, even though it's going to cost us $500-$800 depending on the package we choose.  I still want to do it, I want to enjoy the moment, and the pictures captured afterward because you just don't know when it's going to be your last picture.

6 comments:

  1. I would look at it in the realm of you will never have baby pics of your child again. They certainly grow up very fast so taking pics is a neat way to capture the moment of who they are at such a precious stage of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! This is a great way to look at it too :)

      Delete
  2. Get the photographer! We hired a photographer to do newborn photos for both girls and I've never regretted spending that money since we had it. They are only little once and you will love those photos forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you thought it was worthwhile! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  3. I bet you won't regret it! I looove our wedding photos and look back on them all the time - makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe! Yay! I'm so glad everyone seems onboard with the photography. I thought for sure I would get push back on it.

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message.

Links ♥

Followers